Friday, June 12, 2009

I wish I could build a pool in my bedroom

I HAD A REALLY GOOD WEEK!

I just wanted to let you all know that in the beginning in case you dont have time to read the whole email. Or to catch your attention so that you then WANT to read the whole email. hmmm. (this is where I would insert the smiley that strokes its fake beard if there was one)

First things first, I went to an Israeli office, didnt have to wait in line for an hour, AND I had all the right paperwork!!! I did have to walk around the entire building (which was the size of a city block) before I found the entrance, got inside and found out I needed to photocopy everything in the 15 minutes before the office closed, which forced me to run (which i hate) in the hot summerness, BUT the lady in the office was NICE and let me come in even after she had closed! And once I went in, it took about three minutes and I was done! By next week I should have a paper that tells me my foreign degree has been recognized. Woohoo!
And, in the process of looking for somewhere to photocopy, I found a printshop! Its in this beautiful old arab building and has a gallery upstairs! They only do screenprinting and etching, both of which they offer classes in, and they have open studio hours!! Unfortunatly, I just missed the summer session, but I might be able to take classes in the fall :)

I also started my internship at PresenTense this week and Im really enjoying it. The people there are fun to work with and really love what they are doing. What are they doing, you ask? Well as they like to say, they are giving the next generation of Jewish leaders the tools they need to create social change in the world and in Jewish communities. Basically, every summer, they accept 16 or so fellows with ideas or projects that they want to get off the ground. This years projects vary from integrating arts into education, to compiling your own siddur (prayerbook) online. They have six weeks of training sessions and meetings and then they have a huge event at the end where they pitch thier project to investors. Anyway, I am the event planning intern, but I have a feeling I am going to be helping in alot of different areas.

Other that that, I was pretty lame this week. Its getting really hot, so I find myself limited to about one adventure a day, because by the time I get home from it I am so tired and hot I just want to lay on my cold stone floor and melt. 
I actually did have one exciting adventure- I went with my "lets go visit soldiers" group to deliver popsicles to the boys stationed near Shechem. Unfortunatly, about halfway there, the car broke down. So the only soldiers we got to give popsicles too were the ones that stopped to see why we were stopped on the side of the road. We ended up having to hitchhike back to Jerusalem, and by the time I got home I was in "lay on the floor and melt" mode.

I am going to leave you all with a cliffhanger and tell you that there is a very good chance that I will have very exciting news next week. And no, I am not telling you what it is. Mwahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment