Friday, September 25, 2009

East Coast Tour Review

Exciting points of my trip:

- Doing the crossword with my Bubbe. (Really, it was exciting!)
- Snuggling with Gypsy and RoPo
- Dancing in the rain with Skversk
- Aharon walking down the aisle at his sister's wedding to the theme song for Darth Vader
- Aunt Z cake at Shabbat dinner
- Catching the (potentially swine) flu from my lovely brother
- Going to the MFA in Boston and the NGA in DC (twice!)
- Having Izzy say my name, even if he doesnt remember the countless hours we spent together
- Visiting my elementary/middle/high school teachers who still love me
- All the cries of "What are you doing here?" when I walked into Hillel
- Explaining Israel to the fourth graders at my Aunt's NH elementary school
- Free tickets to "Taming of the Shrew" at the Shakespeare Theatre in DC
- Driving up and down the east coast
- Grabbing beers in Washington Circle with Shawn and Michael
- Super fancy meat dinner with the ladies
- Rosh Hashana with mi familia



Things in America I had really missed:

- My momma's cooking
- Target
- Nut House Pizza
- The UMD art department
- Maariv behind McKeldin Library
- Snuggling with Gypsy and RoPo
- DC
- Driving up and down the east coast
- How everyone has dogs
- My family
- My friends
- Introducing my friends to the craziness that is my family

Why I am glad to be back in Israel:

- Chummus

- Im home.

No comments:

Post a Comment