Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life's candy and the the sun's a ball of butter

I know, I know, Im super late this time. What can I say? Im just so incredibly social that I didnt have time (thats only a little bit true). Luckily, I am at work now, and surprise, surprise, dont have anything really important to do. Plus I need to escape Boris who has decided this week to interrogate me on why I think Scientology isnt a valid religious choice.
So this past week, hrm, this past week.... I was really happy. I remember that. It wasnt because anything in particular happened, it was just one of those weeks where I would be sitting on the bus and looking out the window and be like "Whoa! I live in Israel :) This is so cool." As for what I actually did?

Well on Sunday I spilled hot tea all over my lap and though I thought it was sufficiently embarassing to sit in my office with a frozen bottle of water between my legs, my Mefaked insisted I go to the clinic where I got to sit for an hour with said bottle between my legs waiting for some 18 year old to rub cream on my thighs. That wasnt awkward at all.

Monday, I went to a wedding down on Kibbutz Alumim near the Gaza border. It was gorgeous and its always nice to see people so adorably in love, but it was also a little awkward. The girl getting married was my old roommate from seminary and the only people I knew there were girls I hadnt seen in 5 years. Of course, they all remembered my name, and I remembered none of theirs. Which is all fine and dandy until they insist you take their number and you cant save it because you have NO IDEA what the lady's name is. Ah well.

Tuesday, I dont really remember anything in particular happening, BUT I did get to see my (now former) bus buddy Motti before he got released from the army, which was nice. Oh and I got to have a long chat with the Rabbis soldier about yet another ridiculous thing that some Rabbi said that he thinks will save my soul if he shares with me. But he is a sweetie.

Wednesday I had my lovely chavruta over and learned about how when Bnei Yisrael crossed into Israel after wandering the desert for forty years they promptly circumcised the entire (male portion of the) nation. This quite literally created a mountain of foreskins which is still by the river Jordan. How lovely.

Thursday I got to administer the english test for the course that I dont teach. They kept trying to get me to help them cheat, but ha ha, I showed them who was boss! I didnt even know the words they had to translate!! I got to go home early, which is always fun, and that night we had a french toast party (because Nechama had 6 loaves of challah in the freezer that we had to get rid of), then I headed over to my friend Michael's housewarming party, and THEN I hung out with my new friend Josh. Wasnt I such a social butterfly?

Friday, Mia and I went to the Conservative Synagogue in Jerusalem and got to pick up these special holiday packages they make for lone soldiers. We then went to Beit Shemesh for Shabbat with my old high school rabbi. His children spent most of the weekend screaming, but it was a really fun Shabbat and I got to take home cookies.

Anyway, this week Im working on translating aircraft manuals, sitting in on english classes to learn how to teach, and I have yet another wedding to go to :)

Life is wonderful and its almost Pesach (= vacation!!!) so I am happy. I would love to hear from you and know how you are all doing and I hope that yall have a wonderful week and experience a general state of happiness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment