Friday, April 30, 2010

I like cashews

This was kind of a random week so, like the good ole days of yore, this will be presented in list form. 

Occurrences of the week that made me smile:

- I was accepted into graduate school!! The college I visited in Tel Aviv called me yesterday to let me know that they would love to have me. I am not yet sure if Im going there, but its nice to know they like me :)
- I got to shoot. We have to go back to the range every six months, (and since I just passed that marker!) I got to hang out on base super late Sunday night and shoot an M-16 in the dark. 
- Boris finally grew a pair and fought back when we ganged up on him and got him soaked while cleaning the office. An amazingly ridiculous water fight ensued.
- I helped build a recyclable bench this week, leaving some stupid boy totally boggled by the sight of a girl using an electric drill. Silly child. 
- There was one day this week where FOUR women were in mincha (afternoon prayer). Mwahaha, we are taking back the women's section!
- On Thursday we had a field trip to Modiin and the graves/memorials of the Maccabees and my team won the treasure hunt. Oh yea!
- I got to talk to my brother.
- I went out for dinner three times. Which, while not fiscally responsible of me, meant I got exclusive time with some really good friends.
- I got to run through sprinklers. 

Occurrences of the week that were incredibly frustrating at the time:

- Boris and Lihi (the english teacher) have been alternating between fighting and not talking ever since Boris told Lihi that he liked her and then Lihi told everyone in the office. This made it really fun to stay late with them on Sunday in order to go to the shooting range. Or to be in the same room with the two of them all week. 
- While I did get to go shooting, I dont know how I did. Because the army apparently doesnt care if you can hit anything, just that you can point your gun in the right direction and shoot it.
- There was a base-wide blood drive this week but they wouldnt let me donate :(
- I realized that in the next two weeks I have to get answers from all the grad schools I applied to and find out which ones the Israeli government will pay for.
- A soldier called me stupid this week which was just mean. He then clarified that he meant I was stupid for joining the army, not for the way I speak or something, but it still wasnt very nice. 

Things that I am looking forward to:

- Bonfires on Saturday night for Lag Ba'Omer.
- My brother is going to be in Israel for SIX WEEKS this summer. 
- Next week I will not be on base because I have some sort of "how to be a person after the army" course. And my friend Elodie is going to be there too :)
- SHABBAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment