Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 2

Things I love about Israel this week:

- I get to eat out EVERYWHERE

- the cellcom guy who was really nice to me and not only gave me a good cell plan but taught me a new hebrew phrase

- the roaming packs of teenage boys with overgelled hair and really tight jeans that wander the streets of jerusalem like stray dogs

- my 35 shekel ($7) haircut

- The fact that I got 3 drawings matted, 2 drawings framed, 2 photos framed, and a painting framed for under $200

- getting a ride with my friends fiancee's friend to her engagement party in Netanya

 

Things I do not love about Israel this week:

- banks. banks. banks.

- rocket sirens (we had a warning siren in Jerusalem this week)

- getting bit by a horse

 

Things I am oddly apathetic about:

- waiting in lines at bureacratic institutions. In fact, the process is pretty much the same as in America only in Hebrew and with more Jews.

- My ulpan is an hours walk away and not really accessable by bus.

 

Things that I am oddly excited about:

- my new FRIDGE! (and by new i mean old and dirty but better than the window sill)

- hanging up pictures on my wall

- i have had shoko b'sakit (chocolate milk in a bag) for breakfast every morning this week

 

People who have slept on our floor/couch this week:

- ari

- ayton

- lara

- michelle

- david

- yael

and yes, they were willing to stay here even when we had no fridge or heat. they must really really love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment