Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL!!

Woohoo!! Now I can stop worrying about not having a Plan B (I tried Ima, but I could come up with nothing better than becoming a hippie and farm-hopping across Italy) (Yes, I am already doing that, but not for the whole year).
I got an email on Tuesday that confused me a little but after some pondering, I decided it was, in fact, an acceptance letter. I will re-enact the conversation that went on in my head:
"Welcome to the Art Therapy Department"
I got in! and then, wait, or are they just saying hi?
Then the email asked me to fill out a form for my internship placement next year
Wait, so I got in?
"This is not your official acceptance letter- that will be coming from the main office of the University"
But I got in, right?

So I stared at the email for awhile, put it into Google Translate to make sure I was understanding it, and then decided, yes, this must be what an acceptance letter looks like. So starting on the 17th of October, I will be learning all sorts of fun things about mental disorders and art and some less fun things about research methods and scientific writing. This also means that I can now officially start looking for a home and could be moving as early as August 1!

In other news, at some point between yesterday (my Hebrew birthday) and Tuesday (my English birthday) I am crossing that line into 25-hooddom. I will be a quarter of a century old. As my 16 year old roommate told me- I am approaching the hill. So of course, I wanted to celebrate by throwing myself a party in a park with a moonbounce and gift bags and a giant ice cream cake. Unfortunately, I make about 600 shekel a month and am about to spend all of my savings on a vacation in Italy. So as much as I wanted a moonbounce, I settled for dinner at a restaurant with my good friends. Might splurge on an ice cream cake on Tuesday- after all, what better way to break a fast. (Note to God- what are you trying to say by dropping my birthday off on a fast day every year? I really haven't been partying that hard, you know!). I also just got my birthday present from my sister and her family and, I must say, nothing makes you as happy as your one year old nephew's signature on your birthday card :)

I have further travails I will regale you with next week because this is a happy email and I would like to keep it that way. As I was tremping (hitchhiking) into Jerusalem last night I had one of those moments of clarity where I just felt really lucky to be who I am and where I am at this moment. I think 25 is going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment