Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Battle with Bezeq

This time I have a legitimate reason for not having written in weeks. Well, I'm in the midst of finals, which is also a legitimate reason, but I also haven't had internet for 2 weeks now.

But oh kids, you would be so impressed with me. I was positively fierce! And I didn't even have that normal ladylike guilt of having to yell at someone because I managed to be justifiably pissed without being rude. And all in Hebrew. Clearly, it didn't really get my internet fixed much faster because, though I had three technicians come to my house, it was the last one who figured out what was wrong and ordered a new part for the thing. (I still don't really know what was wrong). But I called them at least three times to give them a piece of my mind. Unfortunately all I got out of that was 50% off of my monthly bill and the nice feeling you get after some good cathartic indignation.

And the truth is, if I have to lose internet, finals week is a good time for it. My first final- Creativity and Mental Illness- was supposed to be my easiest, but the professor forgot to tell anyone that I could use a dictionary so I went the first hour of the test worrying about whether I was properly understanding the questions. Think I did alright in the end, but it was only 20 questions, so missing a few could be really bad. My second final, Psychotherapy, was significantly harder. Its a 2.5 hour test and I get an extra 30 minutes. And I used everyone. 36 multiple choice questions and it took me 3 hours. It was exhausting. Which means this coming Monday will be hell. I have a 4 hour Statistics exam on Monday (and I still only get an extra 30 minutes), which I feel weirdly confident about, but I am sure that is just my pre-Shabbat positivity.

After that exam I am taking a few days vacation to Jerusalem before I come back and work on my final projects. I think I deserve it. Plus, I have not left Haifa in over a month and it rains a lot here. (We have been waging war with the mold in our apartment as well, but I had to step back and leave that one to the roommates because I simply had no time.)

Anyway, I am going to go and do nothing all day because I am in too good of a mood to start studying statistics and ruin it. Wish me luck on my final! 

No comments:

Post a Comment