Thursday, April 23, 2009

אני ממש מרגישה ישראלי

This week I felt like an Israeli.
Firstly, I have finally reached a point where I feel like this is my neighborhood. Not only do I know the streets, but the guy that owns the pizza store recognizes me and the man at the framing shop knows my name. I ran into three people on my way to lunch on Shabbat that I knew and even got invited to my neighbors for dinner. 
Secondly, I spent most of Sunday hiking through Ein Gedi and then spent most of Tuesday hiking through the Golan. I love that I get mitzva points for hiking here. And while I still kind of prefer the green fields and mountains of the Golan, that dry white sandy thing going on down south is beginning to grow on me. 
Thirdly, I tremped (hitch hiked) from the Golan back to Jerusalem! All by myself! And not only did I save myself 50 shekel and meet some pretty cool people, but I didnt die. Or get lost. And I hitch hiked with an Egged bus. Like an en route, with people on it, official bus. And I tremped with him!
Fourthly, I have read 138 pages of a Hebrew book since Shabbat! And were not talking about really long childrens books. This is a real made for adults book. 
Fifthly, (this one doesnt really make me feel more israeli, but still) I had a job interview at a gift shop on Monday and I have one at a restaurant tomorrow. That one will be in Hebrew so I am a little more nervous, but well see how it goe

No comments:

Post a Comment