Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dancing in the streets

Sexy People! Beautiful People! Smart People! People who love Israel! People who smell good!
 
Today is the 42nd anniversary of the capture of Jerusalem, making it 42 years now that Jerusalem has been under Jewish control and all religions have been free to worship at their holy sites.This is also the first time that Jerusalem has been under Jewish control since we were exiled by the Romans a really long time ago. So, its a pretty exciting time to be living in the Jewish capital :)
Aside from the onslaught of concerts (Idan Raichel, Yehudit Ravitz, Macy Gray [who had two fabulously fat black women shaking it in hot pink dresses backing her up], and Udi Davidi- in under 24 hours!!) and parading through the streets with at least a thousand dancing, screaming teenagers (teens are definatly not this patriotic in America) oh and getting to watch little boys in pink silk shirts singing like the Miami Boys (made me wish I knew Shawn as a child), I also got to sit at the Kotel (the Western Wall) and appreciate the amazing fact that I am here. Thousands of years ago Jews built this wall and for too long it was neglected and mistreated and now it is once again a meeting place for Jewish prayers. And I get to live in Yerushalayim! ahh!
 
Other than reveling in my Jerusalem-ness, I quit my job after realizing I hated it and had no life because I was working until 11pm every night. Dont worry Mom, I am already looking for a new one. And I am studying for my ulpan exam which is next week... and I am cooking for 12 this Shabbat as all my guy friends cant cook and say they would be happy with just cornflakes but we all know they are lying. So I am going to go do that, keeping this weeks short.
 
I hope you all have--- oh my lord I almost forgot, all of my friends are graduating today--- YAY FOR YOU!!!
and I do hope you all have a rocking weekend and wonderful graduatings etc.
 
Oh and just to clarify, I decided to greet yall the same way Macy Gray greeted her crowd of screaming Israelis. and you are all beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment