Sunday, July 12, 2009

Six Month Marker/ Smile like you mean it

So the past two weeks havent been so exciting, in that I didnt do strange and different things, but have been really busy with the same good things. I have been working my tush off at PresenTense, after falling into a bit of a "why am I here?" slump. They gave me an additional project to work on that involves writing for the magazine and conducting interviews and fun stuff, so that has been exciting. And my boss is putting more things into my hands and giving me some random but exciting responsibilities like preparing news briefs and working with some new computer programs. All in all, the people there are great and its a really good work environment, but I think the main thing I have learned so far is that I am not interested in business. Ah well.

I have also been busy outside of work because so many of my friends are visiting from the states . I realize that its a little sad that I had to wait for people to come from the states to give my social life the kick in the ass it needed, but I think I have rationalized myself out of feeling bad about it. Hanging out with them all again put me back in a situation where I felt comfortable and I realized how quiet and shy and unlike myself I had become as a result of losing all those people I felt safe with. And I realized, I dont really like that shy quiet Kfi, so were sending her back to the depths from which she came and Im going to start feeling like myself again. It is working, as I have been hanging out with quite a few new people as well, and feel like Im making some real friends. Im actually going out with a bunch of them tonight to celebrate my upcoming Hebrew birthday by chilling out in the woods and bonfireing/ bbqing.

This past week also marked my 6 monthiversary and I tried to be all retrospective about it but I really only came up with two things.
1. That was a really long six months.
2. I am happy.

So that is it for now. I have some more thoughts I have been throwing around for the past few weeks that I will probably share at some point, but now I am going to go out and enjoy the night air and the hills outside Yerushalayim.

No comments:

Post a Comment